Irish Ladies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Irish Ladies

Forum for women playing Ultimate Frisbee in Ireland

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LMS Training

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Laura

LMS Training Empty
PostSubject: LMS Training   LMS Training EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 9:24 am

Hey Ladies,

LMS will be training on Monday 16th November. This session will again focus on catching techniques and basic throws as well as fitness.

Training takes place from 8-10pm at Jobstown All Weather Pitches (www.jawp.ie) in Tallaght. This is accessible via the Luas and bus #77. If you plan on getting the Luas let me know (0833702663) as the stop is about 15min walk from the pitches so I will be doing a pick up from there

These sessions are open to the womens community at large but are not beginner focused sessions. If you are keen to improve and have a good grasp of the basic throws then you will learn alot from these sessions.

Non members are asked to pay €3 to help in covering the cost of the floodlit pitches.

NB: Please bring lots of layers including waterproofs and warm clothes (it lashed from the high heavens last week) as we will be training in the wind, rain and hail. Bring handwarmers, hats, gloves, scarves etc whatever will keep you warm and preferably dry!
Bring a disc/discs and lots of water also.

Look forward to seeing you there

Laura
Back to top Go down
Laura

LMS Training Empty
PostSubject: Training, Nov 23rd   LMS Training EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 8:17 am

Hey Ladies,

LMS will be training on Monday 23th November. This session will throwing with and without a mark as well as fitness.

Training takes place from 8-10pm at Jobstown All Weather Pitches (www.jawp.ie) in Tallaght. This is accessible via the Luas and bus #77. If you plan on getting the Luas let me know (0833702663). If you can let me know by tx in advance as I've realized that texting while driving is a bad idea Sad. I'll be at the Luas stop from between 7.30 and 7.45pm.

These sessions are open to the womens community at large but are not beginner focused sessions. If you are keen to improve and have a good grasp of the basic throws then you will learn alot from these sessions.

Non members are asked to pay €3 to help in covering the cost of the floodlit pitches.

NB: Please bring lots of layers including waterproofs and warm clothes as we will be training in the wind, rain and hail. Bring handwarmers, hats, gloves, scarves etc whatever will keep you warm and preferably dry! There are showers at the club too for those who want one.

Laura

PS. This week please bring a light and dark top/jersey
Back to top Go down
Laura

LMS Training Empty
PostSubject: Training Nov 30th   LMS Training EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 11:03 am

Hey Ladies,

LMS will be training on Monday 30th November. This session will include throwing with and without a mark, quick release throws as well as fitness.

All other details as in post above Surprised

Look forward to seeing you there!

Laura
Back to top Go down
Laura

LMS Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: LMS Training   LMS Training EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 8:05 am

Hey Ladies,

Sorry for the delay in sending this, hopefully you know by now that training will always be happening on Monday evenings Smile. Tonight session will include throwing, hucking with and without a mark, if we have time break throws, as well as fitness.

Training takes place from 8-10pm at Jobstown All Weather Pitches (www.jawp.ie) in Tallaght. This is accessible via the Luas and bus #77. If you plan on getting the Luas let me know (0833702663)

If you can let me know by tx in advance, I'll be at the Luas stop from between 7.30 and 7.45pm.

NB: Please bring lots of layers including waterproofs and warm clothes as we will be training in the wind, rain and hail. Bring handwarmers, hats, gloves, scarves etc whatever will keep you warm and preferably dry! There are showers at the club too for those who want one.

Laura
Back to top Go down
Laura

LMS Training Empty
PostSubject: Training, Dec 14th   LMS Training EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:08 am

Hey Ladies,

Sorry again for the delay in sending this! Tonight session will include throwing, throwing with a mark, breakforce throws, as well as fitness.

Training takes place from 8-10pm at Jobstown All Weather Pitches (www.jawp.ie) in Tallaght. This is accessible via the Luas and bus #77. If you plan on getting the Luas let me know (0833702663)

If you can let me know by tx in advance, I'll be at the Luas stop from between 7.30 and 7.45pm.

Laura
Back to top Go down
Laura

LMS Training Empty
PostSubject: Training, Jan 18th   LMS Training EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 7:49 am

Hey Ladies,

The snow has finally thawed and training can finally take place again, woop woop!! This Monday we will be focusing on our dump throwsa s well as completing fitness.

These sessions are open to the womens community at large. If you are keen to improve and have a good grasp of the basic throws then you will learn alot from these sessions.

Laura
Back to top Go down
Laura

LMS Training Empty
PostSubject: LMS Training, Jan 25th   LMS Training EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 2:52 am

Hey Ladies,

This Monday our training session will be focusing on making a dump cut when the disc is on the line a how properly to mark a dump making this cut, the session will be run by Lucy Barnes. As always we will be doing some fitness from 8-9pm.

These sessions are open to the womens community at large. If you are keen to improve and have a good grasp of the basic throws then you will learn alot from these sessions.
I would especially encourage anyone who came to the trial on Saturday or who didnt make it but wanted to, to come to these sessions and see what you think.

Look forward to seeing you there sunny

Laura
Back to top Go down
Liz

LMS Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: LMS Training   LMS Training EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 5:10 am

Just in case people are worried about the fitness and how tough it will be, we have moved on from the horrible 30 mins of running and are focusing more on improving speed etc with sprints. So basically the fitness is short in comparison to what it used to be, and sometimes kind of fun, so don't let that put you off.

Also, the weather last week was great for frisbee, basically no wind and no rain/hail/snow! So Jobstown isn't that miserable these days!

Saturday was great fun having so many women out so hope to see some of you out again this evening! What else would you be doing on a Monday night? (ANTM and Glee are repeated during the week, don't worry).
Back to top Go down
Laura

LMS Training Empty
PostSubject: LMS Training, Feb 1st   LMS Training EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 8:35 am

Hey Ladies,

Training tomorrow night as usual, was great to see some new faces last week! Hope to see some more this week, last week was one of our best sessions to date Smile

This Monday we will be focusing on our dump throws on the open side well as completing fitness (moving from less boring laborious fitness into faster more competitive fitness)

These sessions are open to the womens community at large. If you are keen to improve and have a good grasp of the basic throws then you will learn alot from these sessions and are encouraged to come!

Laura
sunny
Back to top Go down
Laura

LMS Training Empty
PostSubject: Training Feb 8th   LMS Training EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:47 am

Hey ladies,

Apologies for the delay in sending this!!!

LMS will be training tonight from 8-10pm at the pitches in Jobstown, Tallaght.

The focus of tonights session will be cutting so if this is something your keen to practice or learn more about come out to the session! This will be preceded by some lovely fitness (not so nice at the time, makes you feel good later in the week!)

As usual cost for non members in €3 which helps us in covering the cost of the pitches. If your planning on getting the luas to Tallaght and need a lift send me a tx (0833702663) and we'll arrange a pick up.

Hope to see you tonight,

Laura
Back to top Go down
Laura

LMS Training Empty
PostSubject: Training, Feb 15th   LMS Training EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 3:39 pm

Hey Ladies,

Feeling like a bit of running, catching and throwing discs after an overindulgent hallmark day of love of romance??
LMS will training tomorrow and all are welcome. The focus of the session will be Defense, something all of us Irish ladies can learn alot more about!
The session will be run by our very own Lucy Barnes of Brute Squad so be ready to go at 8pm sharp.

Weather according to met éireann looks to be dry with some rain fall, temps from 7-9 degress so bring some waterproofs and lots of layers.

See ye tomorrow
Laura
sunny
Back to top Go down
Laura

LMS Training Empty
PostSubject: LMS Trainin, Feb 22nd   LMS Training EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 1:46 am

LMS will training tonight and all are welcome. The focus of the session will be man Defense Ben Wiggins style(he will be there in spirit!)
Please be ready to go at 8pm sharp.

Training takes place from 8-10pm at Jobstown All Weather Pitches (www.jawp.ie) in Tallaght. This is accessible via the Luas and bus #77. If you plan on getting the Luas let me know (0833702663)If you can let me know by tx in advance, I'll be at the Luas stop from between 7.30 and 7.45pm.

Weather according to met éireann looks to be dry but very cold so bring lots of layers!!!!
Bring handwarmers, hats, gloves, scarves etc whatever will keep you warm and preferably dry! There are showers at the club too for those who want one.

Laura
Back to top Go down
Laura

LMS Training Empty
PostSubject: Training, March 1st   LMS Training EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:39 am

Hey ladies,

Tonights session will focus on marking the disc and positioning while marking a cutter, both hugely important skills.

Hope to see ye there!

Laura sunny
Back to top Go down
Laura

LMS Training Empty
PostSubject: Training March 8th   LMS Training EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 1:58 pm

Hey Ladies,

LMS will be training tomorrow night from 8-10pm in Jobstown, Tallaght.

This will be the second of 5 defense sessions being run this month. The session will again focus on positioning when marking the cutter as well as taking a look at marking a vertical stack.

All are welcome and non members are asked to contribute €3 to help towards covering the pitch costs. If you need a lift from the luas stop in Tallaght don't hesitate to tx, 0833702663.

Hope to see ye there

Laura
LMS Ultimate
sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LMS Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: LMS Training   LMS Training Empty

Back to top Go down

LMS Training
Page 1 of 1