Irish Ladies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Irish Ladies

Forum for women playing Ultimate Frisbee in Ireland

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

People for a pick-up team

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shinners

People for a pick-up team Empty
PostSubject: People for a pick-up team   People for a pick-up team EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 6:53 am

Hi ladies,

Next Sunday (26th April) there we are holding the first All-Ireland Schools Outdoor tournament in Gonzaga College, Ranelagh.The majority of school teams playing at the minute are all-boys, but Loreto Navan has said they would like to enter two girls teams into the competition. However these girls are mostly 1st and 2nd years, and beginners, so we feel it would be a little intimidating to play them against the guys. But I would still like to make it worth their while coming down for the day, and give them games against some other teams.

Here is where ye come in. I am looking for some female players (mostly in their first and second year of playing) who would be interested in coming to Gonzaga next Sunday and playing a pick-up type game or two. If I could get enough girls for two pick-up teams that would be amazing. This would be a great oportunity for you to take charge on the pitch (I know many of you missed out doing this at development intervarsities because of women s intervarsities) . It would also really help to biuld the sport in the eyes of the school community.

Anyone who is interested please e-mail me (sineadf_ucc@ yahoo.co. uk), or post below, so I have an idea of numbers.

Thanks so much
Sinéad
(IFDA Schools Co-Ordinator)
Back to top Go down
Katie

PostSubject: Re: People for a pick-up team   People for a pick-up team EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:03 am

I'm interested

What time were you thinking?
Back to top Go down
Mandy_DCU

PostSubject: Mise   People for a pick-up team EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:35 am

I'd be up for that too!
Back to top Go down
Shinners

PostSubject: Re: People for a pick-up team   People for a pick-up team EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 11:09 am

Right, so far only 2 people and one possibilitly have shown interest... Looks like the day will run from approx 10 until 1 or 2, but I'm doing the schedule tonight so will confirm soon.

Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Katie

PostSubject: Re: People for a pick-up team   People for a pick-up team EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 5:42 am

There's a women's training session at 12-2 in Herbert Park that day, so maybe before that...?
Back to top Go down
Shinners

PostSubject: Re: People for a pick-up team   People for a pick-up team EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 9:37 am

Ok,

Unfortunately some of this might clash with the women's training.... Not planned, but just the way the schools schedule worked out. There will be a game between two schools at 11, and then hopefully a pick-up game at 1-1:45.

If you are around Gonzaga at that time it would be great for some more experienced players to help out the girls, but if you're planning on going to the womens training that's no problem.

Please let me know, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People for a pick-up team   People for a pick-up team Empty

Back to top Go down

People for a pick-up team
Page 1 of 1