Irish Ladies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Irish Ladies

Forum for women playing Ultimate Frisbee in Ireland

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Windmill Windup

Go down 
+16
tradum
sus
Finola
Shiv
cliodhna
Brona
Laura
Courtney
Olly
murphs42
Jiggles
sj
Sparky
Ciara
Linda
Katie
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sus

Windmill Windup - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windmill Windup   Windmill Windup - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 1:58 pm

I've just checked my dates and if there is still space I'd like to play this tournament. Very Happy

Sus
(ucd)
Back to top Go down
tradum

PostSubject: sign me up!   Windmill Windup - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 3:11 pm

im in! ive heard this tournie is one of the best!
wahoo Wink
Back to top Go down
tradum

PostSubject: Re: Windmill Windup   Windmill Windup - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 3:12 pm

im tara mcfadden by the way Smile
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Windmill Windup   Windmill Windup - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 3:24 pm

Brilliant! 14 definites :-)

Definite
Ciara
Linda
Katie
Sparky
SJ
Olly
Sandy
Katie O'Brien
Claire Buswell
Fiona Mernagh
Jiggles
Sus
Tara
Finola

Maybe
Liz
Rose G
Courtney
Brona
Heather Gill
Laura
Shiv
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Windmill Windup   Windmill Windup - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 3:26 pm

In case you're interested, I got this email with some more details about the tournament....there's nothing like building the excitement early!

Hello WW09 Ultimate Frisbee Teams,

Here is the latest info from the windmill windup tournament. Please read this whole email. It's full of juicy stuff. Feel free to ask any questions if we missed anything.

**Tournament Costs**
The team fee is 190 euro, to be paid to the account below:
The player fee is 55 euro per player, same as last year, to the same account:
For non-players there is a rate of 35 euros, which includes camping, all breakfast / lunches + Saturday dinner.

Name: Windmill Windup
Acct. Number: 61 65 71 445
IBAN Number: NL33ABNA0616571445
BIC (or SWIFT) Code: ABNANL2A
Bank Name: ABN AMRO
Bank Address: Strawinskylaan, Amsterdam

If you would like to combine paying the team and player fees into just one money transfer, but you are not sure of the exact number of players, then make an estimate - we will refund any over-payment in cash at the tournament.

Team Fee Due April 1st
Player Fees Due May 1st

That’s right. Team Fee is due today.

**Information about the tournament**

Please see the tournament website for tournament information: http://www.windmillwindup.com/

Of particular interest for new teams will be the unique Tournament Format and the new divisions. WW09 has open, womens, mixed and juniors this year. We hope for 16-24 mixed teams but are unable to predict if that will happen. We can even take more if the teams warm to it.

Again we’ll use the Swiss Draw format. Following the Swiss Draw, all teams will play quarters, semis and final within their bracket. We are still working on the format for the women's division - it depends on the final number of teams. The mixed division will be swiss if we have a critical mass of teams - at least 20 or so. Less than that and the swiss doesn't work well, although we may use it in a multi-format schedule.

Remember, this is a 3 day event. Games will take place on Friday, Saturday and Sunday - June 12-14. Your team's first game will be Friday morning so we recommend camping at the fields in Amsterdam on Thursday night. If your team is coming from far, we recommend getting your transport booked early.

Note that, as with last year, all accommodation will be camping and there are plenty of facilities on site. The cost of camping is included in your Players Fee. Thursday is the first night of camping. If you wish another form of accommodation (Hostel or Hotel), then you can find some helpful information on our website. Book now because these places fill early with tourists.

All players will be provided with a hearty breakfast on all 3 days of the tournament, and there will be enough food for players to make lunch. Saturday dinner is also provided at no extra charge. Meals will be served in our facilities at the fields.

All teams will receive an email with all of the vital information and the rest will be posted on site. Team Packs will include information and some goodies as well.

If you’re having a hard time finding enough players, let us know, we have some high-level pick-ups who are ready to help you out.

**Fields and Transport**
We have new and better fields this year, slightly further from the city center, but still within Amsterdam. To get to and from the fields to the city and/or airport there are public buses (20mins). Another option includes trains and bike rentals, but we will spell it all out for you as the tournament approaches.

Address of New Fields is: B. de Korverweg 18, 1067 HR Amsterdam

**Entertainment**
Perhaps the most fun all around tournament in Europe – work hard play hard – we try to run an entertainment filled weekend for you. We hire the best fields and facilities around, procure unique caterers, DJs, bands, put on fun events, work with charities, hire the occasional bouncy castle – you know, the works.

We look forward to seeing you all here in Amsterdam in June.

Nan
on behalf of the organizing committee

--
http://windmillwindup.com
Back to top Go down
Finola

PostSubject: Booked!   Windmill Windup - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 6:16 am

Just booked my flights even though i really can't afford it!! Shocked

AER LINGUS EI608
non-stop Dublin
14:30 Thu 11 Jun 2009 Amsterdam
17:05 Thu 11 Jun 2009 LowFare

AER LINGUS EI611
non-stop Amsterdam
20:55 Sun 14 Jun 2009 Dublin
21:30 Sun 14 Jun 2009 LowFare

Worked out as 145 all together including a bag! Let's all get booking before the prices begin to climb!!
Back to top Go down
Finola

PostSubject: Re: Windmill Windup   Windmill Windup - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 6:09 am

OKay so guys we need to start figuring out who's definitely in for this as the deadline for payment player fees is looming! This is going to be a really fun competitive tournament with 3 days of great games and excellent parties and it's open to everyone so will be a great opportunity to play with girls of a variety of different levels and experience!

I know some people might be worried about the cost but should only be in the region of 200euro altogether (Main expenses will be flights and player fee) as accommodation is free since we'll be camping!! Get booking those flights asap!

So far the people who have expressed interest are...

Finola Shannon
Linda Barry
Ciara Fitzpatrick
Katie McGreal
Sparky Booker
SJ Monaghan (not Friday)
Olly
Sandy Murphy
Katie O'Brien
Claire Buswell
Fiona Mernagh
Jiggles
Sus (UCD)
Tara McFadden
Shiv Colivet
Liz Schaff
Rose Glancey
Courtney Hosp
Brona Ni C
Heather Gill
Laura McGrath

Could you please email either myself shannonf@tcd.ie or linda barry.linda@gmail.com to confirm just so we have a definite list!

Player fees are due by May 1st so we need to have them by April 22nd to ensure they're transferred over to Windmill in time-65 euro altogether (55e player and 10e each fro the team fee-paid previously by linda and jiggles)

So could everyone who plans on going please lodge 65euro in linda's account by the 22nd!
Details are Linda Barry, AIB, Westmoreland st
Acc no: 01180012
Sort: 931225

And text linda when you have it lodged so she can keep track! 0877743659

Alternatively, you can bring the money along to the women's training session this sunday in Herbert park!

Cool, will be in touch about training soonly
Back to top Go down
Jiggles

PostSubject: Flights   Windmill Windup - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 5:46 pm

I just booked my flights also: €133 without insurance. Same time/days as finola.... getting excited Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Olly

PostSubject: Re: Windmill Windup   Windmill Windup - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 1:05 pm

I'm booked too, same flights. Got a bag for the tent and stuff so cost 163.
Back to top Go down
Shiv

PostSubject: flights   Windmill Windup - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 5:03 am

hey all
sent an email to linda but dont think i posted here that i am definitely in for this one.Very Happy
Just booked my flights.....for some clinically insane reason What a Face I said well ive never been to amsterdam, and i had already booked the full day off work, so I booked the 6am flight out so I can have a bit of a potter around and maybe meet up with you guys when you get there.
I am on the same flight back, same price with a bag 163, and just about to go transfer fees to linda.
hooray for me cheers
Back to top Go down
murphs42

PostSubject: Booked   Windmill Windup - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 5:05 pm

Hello Ladies,
Very excited about this tournie Smile woohoo!! Got my ass in gear and booked the days off work and also booked my flights today. I will pop the player fee and team fee into Linda's account on the 22nd. Roll on the DAM!!

Sandy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rose G

PostSubject: Definite..   Windmill Windup - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 7:01 am

Hooray!! I'm on board.

I have to work Thursday til 11pm but I'll be getting a flight from Cork at 6.10am Friday so will possibly miss the first couple of matches. Wondering, who is staying til Monday? I'm thinking of returning to Cork Monday on the 8.40pm flight. Woohoo..can't wait!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Katie

PostSubject: Re: Windmill Windup   Windmill Windup - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:21 am

I'll be in Austria before this so I'll be meeting ye there which means I won't be around for any training sessions Crying or Very sad

And Rose I have a flight on Monday at about 4 so I'll be around on Sunday night!
Back to top Go down
sus

PostSubject: Re: Windmill Windup   Windmill Windup - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 4:22 pm

Flights from Dublin have gone up a little. Booked mine today. So if you still have to book I'd maybe do so before they get any higher.
Back to top Go down
Fiona DCU

PostSubject: Re: Windmill Windup   Windmill Windup - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 10:54 am

Whoooo booked my flights! Super early Thursday morning to play tourist for the day and returning Sunday evening.
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Windmill Windup   Windmill Windup - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 6:23 am

Hey there,

I just made the transfer for the player fees. We have 16 people confirmed and paid up, which is brilliant! There are 3 others who are still maybes and we will try to add them in later if they decide they definitely want in. It's going to be great bounce

Confirmed and paid
Finola Shannon (c)
Linda Barry (c)
Ciara Fitzpatrick
Katie McGreal
Sparky Booker
SJ Monaghan
Olly Murphy
Sandy Murphy
Claire Buswell
Fiona Mernagh
Lorainne O'Donnell
Rose Glancey
Heather Gill
Shiv Colivet
Sus Wallis
Tara McFadden

Let me know if I've left anyone out!
Back to top Go down
Heather

PostSubject: Re: Windmill Windup   Windmill Windup - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 12:36 pm

Iv decided to jump on the bandwagon for this tournament and just booked flights to it. Only staying till Saturday night cos going away on the tuesday after it. Flying to Eindhoven on thursday afternoon (€18 including tax and credit card stuff, awesome!) and then coming back on saturday night.

Cannot wait, gonna be so great! bounce
Back to top Go down
Brady

PostSubject: Re: Windmill Windup   Windmill Windup - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 2:40 pm

I'm coming too! But will be taking a train from Germany, Thursday night if I don't have a lab position yet, but probably Friday night. Woo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Windmill Windup   Windmill Windup - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 2:40 am

Here is the updated team list for Windmill. There are still a couple of others who are maybes - please let me know as soon as you can what your plans are. I'll be making another transfer to the organisers with Heather and Brady's player fees in the next few days so if you know by then that would be ideal.

Finola Shannon (c)
Linda Barry (c)
Ciara Fitzpatrick
Katie McGreal
Sparky Booker
SJ Monaghan (arriving Friday night)
Olly Murphy
Sandy Murphy
Claire Buswell
Fiona Mernagh
Lorainne O'Donnell
Rose Glancey (arriving Friday mid-morning)
Heather Gill
Shiv Colivet
Sus Wallis
Tara McFadden
Heather Barry (leaving Saturday night)
Brady Stoll (probably arriving Friday night)

Wooooohoooooo!
Back to top Go down
Heather

PostSubject: Re: Windmill Windup   Windmill Windup - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 2:17 pm

SOOOOO excited!!! cheers bounce cheers flower afro cheers
Back to top Go down
tradum

PostSubject: windmill windup!   Windmill Windup - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 2:53 am

hey guys just wondering what the shower situation is over there.. is it like brugge...?? cuz sorry ladies i may have to be like courtney this time as i havent got the room for a big towel Wink also do we get food like in brugge like breakfast and stuff..ok awesome cant wait!!!!
tara
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Windmill Windup   Windmill Windup - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 3:19 am

Food - we get breakfast each day and can make our lunch from that too. Dinner on Saturday night is also included. Apart from that we have to fend for ourselves (Thursday and Friday nights), although there will be some food sold at the fields.

Showers - for some reason I can't remember the showers from last year, and anyway venue has changed, but will be more or less like Brugge.

Gonna be great :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windmill Windup   Windmill Windup - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Windmill Windup
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2