Irish Ladies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Irish Ladies

Forum for women playing Ultimate Frisbee in Ireland

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Deadly Buzz Jerseys?

Go down 
+6
HeatherG
Liz
Olly
Katie
Linda
Ciara
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ciara

Deadly Buzz Jerseys? Empty
PostSubject: Deadly Buzz Jerseys?   Deadly Buzz Jerseys? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 3:53 pm

Logo option - we have a logo that we used last year. I'll try paste it below. Do people want to use the same one or do people want to change it to a new one? Keep in mind though that there are some people playing who also played deadly buzz last year, so they have already paid for kit once.

So if we stick with the same logo we can order a reprint of last years black t-shirt (and a white one too if we want them). They were about a tenner each roughly I think.

Another option, is that we could also order Lookfly jerseys. They're €20 per jersey. Entirely optional obviously.

We could order t-shirts like last year for however many want them. But as we are planning to play a good few tournaments in the future, and in hot countries, would people like to order a breathable proper jersey to play in? We can order home or away jerseys (or both) for whoever wants them?

What do people think?
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Buzz Jerseys?   Deadly Buzz Jerseys? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 1:57 am

The cheaper the better for me!

And I think we should stick with the same logo - cause it's great, because some people already have tshirts with that logo from last year and for continuity so that teams can recognise Deadly Buzz from last year.
Back to top Go down
Katie

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Buzz Jerseys?   Deadly Buzz Jerseys? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 2:50 am

I'm pretty much the same as Linda, the cheaper the better and it makes more sense to use the same logo
Back to top Go down
Olly

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Buzz Jerseys?   Deadly Buzz Jerseys? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 7:35 am

I'd get tshirts or i wouldn't mind paying €20 for a lookfly jersey, that's pretty cheap.
Back to top Go down
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Buzz Jerseys?   Deadly Buzz Jerseys? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 8:10 am

Cheap is good. And last year we played tournaments in crappy cotton jerseys in all kinds of heat and rain and managed to survive.
Back to top Go down
HeatherG

PostSubject: Shirts & fundraising for them   Deadly Buzz Jerseys? EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 2:39 pm

Well, I am on a budget, but if it means that I get an awesome breathable jersey that I can take home as a momento of my time playing with you all, then I’ll make the budget or the credit card stretch. A black one & a white one would be ideal for me as I always seem to end up with some lovely coloured ones, but they are not so handy for pickup games. The logo looks good, so I’m sure I’ll be able to find room in my bag for it/them. Also two shirts for three days of playing sounds really good to me. Idea

In regards to shirts & payment, I have the following idea, based on what I have seen work for other clubs/teams that I have known. I’ve seen teams organise it so that the core/current members pay for theirs, but order additional so that when new players come in, they don’t need to do another order. This also assists with pickups so you look like a team & it may help those who don't currently have the budget to buy a shirt or two. In my experience, larger orders can reduce the overall cost of the individual shirt, but I don’t know if that applies here. I gather it is the printing that brings up the cost. Is it just green & yellow ink used for the print with the black background being the shirt itself? Then fundraising pays for the additional shirts & if it is really successful, it can lower the price of the shirts for the others as they gave their time to make it happen. When new players/pickups come along, they have the option to buy their shirt & if they do, the money goes back into the kitty for when a new order needs to be placed. Obviously this works well for a club as there will be a treasurer to take care of the financials/bank account & therefore avoids the need to track down that person from three years ago who was given the money to mind but doesn’t play now.

As I am not based in Dublin, some of the fundraising events may be problematic for me to participate in. However in saying that, I am quite happy to jump on a bus on a Friday, do a quiz or a training session, pack groceries on a Saturday morning, sightsee, do a quiz (just the one, but if we did it on the Saturday we could possibly tell people/hand out flyers whilst packing groceries, especially if the venue was nearby), play/train on a Sunday & maybe sightsee some more as I haven’t really spent any time in Dublin whilst I’ve been here this time & I love the idea of meeting up with some people when I go there Surprised) . Holding two different events could also help us to not target the same people, a point which was raised earlier. I’m also wondering if it would be worth doing something outside of Dublin, but I gather the majority of the team are based in Dublin so it would be easier to do everything there.

Does anybody know a business that would be willing to donate something as a prize? A raffle could be run in conjunction with a quiz night so that we boost revenue. €2 for a raffle ticket, or €5 for 3, etc. I know that a number of companies have a budget for charities/sponsorship through their sales/marketing departments. Even if a cinema, museum, tour company, etc was willing to offer to 2 free adult tickets to something of theirs in exchange for some serious plugging during the quiz night? Or a restaurant that would offer a free starter when a main is ordered (obviously not for first prize)? It might be worth €30 to them, but it would give us something to offer to those who are supporting us & might mean we attract a bigger crowd. Or failing that, we buy some alcohol, chocolates, kettle, toaster, leg waxing, voucher, (signed) frisbee, (signed) team shirt or anything that someone might be willing to spend a few € on & lower the cost of the raffle ticket? &/or running a how many jelly beans in the jar competition where they write their name, number & their guess on a form (preferably by the entrance for maximum exposure as they queue to pay for entry to the quiz & they might be paying more attention to what we say & written information at that time)? Then we announce the winner at the end of the quiz. Even if 30 people entered at a €1 each, that would be €30 or 1.5 shirts on top of what was raised by the quiz itself, minus the cost of the jellybeans & jar. I'm guessing the prize would be the jar of jellybeans, unless we are inundated by donated prizes. If we wanted to go an even cheaper route & we had the space, we could get the 2 best throwers/catchers & ask people to guess how many consecutive passes those two can do.

This could also be done at the Siege of Limerick between games/at lunch. For example, the first 30 players to give us a €1 can pick a number between 8-38 (whoever goes for 8, gets 0-Cool. Then the two girls start throwing. Whoever guesses the number of completed passes receives 10% of the money raised, so €3. Not a huge sum, but if you’ve spent a €1, which I figure most of the players will be able to spare, that is a profit nonetheless, everyone got a little bit of frisbee-related entertainment & we have almost 1.5 shirts. Hey if it is really successful, we can do it a few times Surprised) . We could also do the jelly bean jar competition there as well (doesn’t have to be jelly beans). We’d just have to see whether Limerick would be okay with that, maybe we’d have to give them 10% too ;o) . I realise none of these suggestions are huge money spinners, but if we chipped away at the total amount, then all the better. Either that or we see if we can team up with the other Irish teams & see whether we can auction some of us off for a few hours (within a controlled environment), but that seems a little extreme for a shirt. I have a number of propositions for how the finances could work, but I won’t subject you all to that. I have it saved should we pursue this idea.

Another option is a market stall, where we group together & sell any items we no longer want.

I’m also posting a link to AFDA, which has a list of organisations that offer grants & fundraising opportunities to ultimate frisbee teams in Australia in case we want to pursue some similar Irish organisations - http://www.afda.com/showcontent.php?page=propaganda_grants . I don’t know whether it is worth contacting Katie Twidwell who is advertised as being the Corporate Sponsorship Liaison, perhaps something can be posted on the Irish Ultimate site? http://www.irishultimate.com/sponsorship/IRL%20Sponsorship%20Package.pdf . Also, seems a little extreme, but maybe for something else in the future?

Apologies for such a long post, I think I got a little carried away... Surprised)
Back to top Go down
Courtney

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Buzz Jerseys?   Deadly Buzz Jerseys? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 6:24 am

Okay, after playing last year in the Deadly Buzz shirts we got, I must say, this was not cotton. This was the thickest material I have ever experienced. I wear this shirt when it's really cold out because it keeps me warm. Also, cotton shirts in rainy weather are really no good. I therefore vote for lookfly, which is cheap and amazing.
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Buzz Jerseys?   Deadly Buzz Jerseys? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 9:56 am

€20 for a Lookfly jersey is pretty cheap, especially since the new(ish) Lookfly material is AMAZING!

But is it really that cheap? You know all those pesky 'setting up the frame' etc charges end up adding up!

Do you want everyone to get the same - either all t-shirts or all jerseys? Cause letting each person choose could be an option...although it definitely wouldn't look as good.

Hope Limerick was fun for everyone who was there. I'm dying for a tournament...
Back to top Go down
Ciara

PostSubject: hmmm...   Deadly Buzz Jerseys? EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 10:32 am

Not necessarily, like I said (either in the email or here not sure where...) we can do whatever the majority want. If enough ppl want lookfly then I say we can easily do a t-shirt order for anyone who can't afford the lookfly option. The lookfly printing is pretty cheap given we have 18 players (or fundraising). It's about £68 for them to make up the stencil thing they use, that includes the different colours etc, so that works out at £3.70 each so basically if someone ordered 2 jerseys it'd be €45. less depending on fundraising. If we went for a light jersey, then ordered black t-shirts like last year i reckon it'd be €30ish per person
Back to top Go down
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Buzz Jerseys?   Deadly Buzz Jerseys? EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 7:36 am

The more I think about it, it seems like if jersey prices are kept down, it could be worth it. If we ask everyone on Irish Ladies if they want a jersey, then we would probably have at least 20 people interested. I'm presuming that Deadly Buzz will be going to Amsterdam and any other tournament this year/next year as well. Prices could also be kept down with fundraising. Anyone who did face-painting last year knows how easy it was to raise a stack of cash from people you don't know in a few hours. Could be worth doing again.
Back to top Go down
Fiona DCU

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Buzz Jerseys?   Deadly Buzz Jerseys? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 2:46 am

I wouldn't mind getting new jerseys and doing some fundraising for them, could be a fun day out! I like the idea of lookfly too, they just feel so nice and swishy.
Back to top Go down
Laura

PostSubject: Kareoke!!!!   Deadly Buzz Jerseys? EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 12:58 pm

I vote for new jerseys if our fundraiser can be a drunken kareoke!! We had one of these for MaC a couple of years ago and it was fantastic and very drunken- great night out basically, and we made a good bit from it as far as I remember?? We had a slave auction too and made a good bit from it...nigs!!! afro
Back to top Go down
MéabhB

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Buzz Jerseys?   Deadly Buzz Jerseys? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 4:55 am

Holy Moley! theres been loads of discussion here! sorry i've been slack on keepin an eye. Ya, I'd be happy to pay for nice swishy lookfly shirt Very Happy ...is white the general concensus...and use cheap black cotton as our other colour?
Back to top Go down
Katie

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Buzz Jerseys?   Deadly Buzz Jerseys? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 5:20 am

One lookfly jersey and one cheap cotton one is probably feasable for most people and those that can't afford it, could we organise white cotton ones to be printed?
Back to top Go down
Olly

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Buzz Jerseys?   Deadly Buzz Jerseys? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 8:13 am

What about pink?! flower pig or red? (i personally don't think white jerseys look great)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Buzz Jerseys?   Deadly Buzz Jerseys? Empty

Back to top Go down

Deadly Buzz Jerseys?
Page 1 of 1