Irish Ladies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Irish Ladies

Forum for women playing Ultimate Frisbee in Ireland

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

All-Ireland Championships

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fiona DCU

All-Ireland Championships Empty
PostSubject: All-Ireland Championships   All-Ireland Championships EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 6:30 am

DEADLY BUZZ!!!!!!!

Are you looking to come together once more? Do you feel you've trained long and hard and deserve a chance to show off your super skillz attained with this team on Irish soil? Do you think boys are smelly and need to be taught a lesson or two?

Then tell me by tomorrow (via text message please) and I will sign Deadly Buzz up for the All-Ireland Championships, 12th-13th September. Best part about it is you don't even have to pay. Our benevolent and generous President has decided to waive the entrance fee in order to get us out in our short shorts and see us sweaty...hmmm...moving on...

It would be a great weekend for everyone to get together again as Bologna seems a very long time away right now. It would also be a brilliant display and testament to how strong ladies ultimate has grown this year. It will be a cheap, fun tournament and relatively easy to get to (accommodation can be arranged for those needing it travelling from the country). So hopefully there'll be enough interest to make it happen. I know a few potentials will be lost to some of the other teams but I think there should be enough other available ladies raring to go. Ideally 12 would give you a comfortable number to play with. This can go much higher though, once again the team will be completely open so even if you haven't played a tournament with Deadly Buzz before you are just as welcome, indeed probably more so. The only stipulation is that you have female parts.

So, if you think you're free that weekend and would like to get some more Ultimate in, send me a text on 0863415106 and I'll know if a team is viable or not. Add your name at the end of it to be safe too.

Thanks Ladies,
Fiona
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All-Ireland Championships   All-Ireland Championships EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 7:41 am

Hi All,

This is a second plea to get a ladies team to enter open nationals. It will be a high level tough tournament that could really help with upping your intensity as a player. It's free entry and on in Dublin on the 12th/13th of September. A lot of you want high standard training and matches so what are you waiting for?

Let me know as soon as you can if you have any interest. Alternatively, I was thinking of having a women's best game in town during the lunch/at the end of the day. If any of this appeals to you please say so.

Fiona
Back to top Go down
https://irish-ladies.forumotion.net
Laura

PostSubject: Re: All-Ireland Championships   All-Ireland Championships EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 11:03 am

Put me down as a maybe for this,

Laura clown
Back to top Go down
Fiona DCU

PostSubject: Re: All-Ireland Championships   All-Ireland Championships EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:40 am

Hey Ladies,

It has come to my attention that some of you may be very put off by the idea of playing in an Open competition. This is why I suggested the alternative of having a 'Best Game in Town' which will basically be a high level match between us women. It can be preceded with a training session too but in order for this to happen there has to be interest! So far only 5 people have gotten back to say whether or not they can come. It won't take up the whole weekend, merely an afternoon or morning. Another alternative, if we only get enough numbers for one team, would be to challenge one of the (weaker!) teams to a friendly? There's no reason why the boys should get all the play time that weekend.

Please let me know your thoughts by the end of this week.

There are also only 2 definites and 2 maybes for training this Sunday. Come on ladies...

Fiona
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All-Ireland Championships   All-Ireland Championships Empty

Back to top Go down

All-Ireland Championships
Page 1 of 1