Irish Ladies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Irish Ladies

Forum for women playing Ultimate Frisbee in Ireland

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fundraising

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Linda

Fundraising Empty
PostSubject: Fundraising   Fundraising EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 3:13 am

The subject of fundraising has come up again in the conversations about Brugge.

The main challenge that we always face when fundraising is not to hit up the same people over and over again.

I thought we could have a thread here where we made a list of fundraisers we've done before and who to talk to if you want to try it again. What has worked? Were some not worth the effort for the amount of money raised? Also people could include fundraising events they've organised/attended for other sports/groups/causes to give us some new ideas for the future.

For now, here is a list of fundraisers we ran last year to raise money for the teams travelling to WUGC 2008, and the girls that were involved.

St Patricks day face painting - Liz

Race night - SJ, Becca, Liz

Table quiz and raffle - Sparky, Heather, Ciara, Yiv

Comedy night in the Button Factory - Finola. Becca

Gig night (Cork) - Dee, Sinead, Dayne

Catherine Gainey was also trying to organise bag packing, but it didn't work out as you have to reserve A YEAR in advance to get a Saturday slot in a Dublin supermarket!!!

Sorry if I've left anyone out who was involved, feel free to add to the list.

Last edited by Linda on Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Olly

Fundraising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fundraising   Fundraising EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 7:45 am

I'm not able to go to Bruges cause of exams but I do know that bag packing is extremely lucrative!! I am doing fundraising for a volunteering project and while at first I got the reply 'booked til 2010' when trying to find a bag packing slot, at the third place I rang they said they could squeeze me in for March. So it just took a bit of perseverence! Sponsored runs are good too like the one sj posted about.
Back to top Go down

Fundraising
Page 1 of 1